This program takes you through fundamental courses in entrepreneurship and business management that will enable your efficient and productive
starting or scaling up of your business.
You will be taking 5 courses: Business Model Canvas, Business Planning, Market and Marketing, Access to Finance and Record Keeping.
After the completion of these courses, you will take an assessment which grants you access to a certificate. Completing the self-study course will enhance your ability to make profitable entrepreneurship decisions.
A Business plan is an accumulation of information and decisions made during the planning process of a business. It helps you articulate how you are going to seize and execute your great idea. All business enterprises entail risk. Preparing a Business plan, therefore, identifies areas of risk and thus minimizing the problems, which will inevitably arise. A Business plan is a written tool that helps increase the odds for success.
Knowing one's market and marketing the product(s) accordingly is an essential success factor in every business. Market and marketing success are hinged on the mix 7 P’s of marketing.
This module addresses the importance and basic concepts of market and marketingand how you can apply the content to your own businesses and product(s). Innovation and creativity are the expected outcome.
Can you build a house without a plan? Can an army go to war without a plan?
A saying goes thus; "he who fails to plan plans to fail" In like manner, your business idea cannot grow into a successful business venture without a Business plan.
A Business plan is an accumulation of information and decisions made during the planning process of a business.
It helps you articulate how you are going to seize and execute your great idea. All business enterprises entail risk. Preparing a Business plan, therefore, identifies areas of risk and thus minimizing the problems, which will inevitably arise. A Business plan is a written tool that helps increase the odds for success.
This course presents a practical step by step approach in developing a simple business plan for your business.
In Nigeria, a major cause of business failure among micro, small and medium enterprises is poor accounting practices.
Improper and insufficient record keeping has become a regular feature of most small business in the country.
At the end of this module:
- you would learn what record keeping is
- importance of keeping record and challenges making it difficult for SMEs to keep record
- In addition, you will learn and adopt practical steps to start keeping effective records.
Finally, you will learn at your own-pace through case study, videos, self-reflections and quizzes.
At the end of the module, participants will:
- Be aware of the risks and opportunities when borrowing
- Identify alternative sources of finance
- Know the different loan types and conditions
- Take into consideration the different costs of loan and calculate the interest rate
- Be aware of the consequences when failing to meet their obligations towards a financial institution
- Know about rights and responsibilities of banks and themselves as customers
- Know how to qualify for a loan and how to manage it well, Make informed decision on taking up of a loan